Monday, September 20, 2010

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED
Angelo Eliades - September 13, 2010

The other day I was shopping at my local office supply store and when I went to check out I received some words of wisdom from my teller. As the gentleman was bagging my supplies he commented on how he was going to double bag my goods because he didn't want the bag to tear. He said that this is how he would bag it for himself and then looked at me and said - "we should treat people the way that we would want to be treated".

This made me think about the hospitality industry. We are after all in the people business and this is probably the best barometer of how we should treat others. Before you serve a meal or prepare a drink for your customer ask yourself this simple question - "how would I want my meal and/or my drink?" Make a drink the way you would prefer it and I guarantee you that your customer will be satisfied. Put a little love into your efforts. If you like to shake your cocktail before you drink it because you like blending it, try doing the same for your customer. If it works for you, I am sure that your customer will appreciate the effort.

Like I always say - "this business is simple." Go back to basics and make sure that your staff follows the same philosophy. Today's marketplace requires you to differentiate yourself from your competition. Little details like going the extra mile for your customers will go a long way to securing your ultimate goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment